Sunday 26 May 2013

Coming out advice?!?

Hey all,

I think the time has come...I'm going to come out soon...I think

Over the last couple of years I've been in the closet and we all know what that place can be like...essentially quite draining emotionally.

I've looked over the blog posts since I started this thing and there's a sense of secrecy that runs through everything and it hasn't served me well over this time really, its isolated me to a certain extent and kept me from being happy - although I've had good gay times it has led me to look for things in the wrong places in the hope that everything will just fall into place

I knew ages ago that things wouldn't change for myself until I made them change, and a part of me realised that I would have to be pushed to the edge in order to tell the people closest to me that I'm gay...well...I think it has arrived - I can't keep living this half-life and telling half-lies to people so, as Bob Dylan would say, the times they are a chaaaanging

On the gay scene I've met an array of types of people and it really is as diverse as can be...although some places do attract certain types of guys which others don't...
I don't think I'll say this when I come out to my parents lol



I do think that by the end of the Summer I will be out to family and maybe friends, or friends and maybe family - I don't know who to come out to first though?!?!? Anyone got any advice? I know that I'm the one who knows the people closest to me best and so really I'm in the best position to judge who to tell first but I don't know! Jeeez this is going to be hard...

I hope that soon I'll have a circle of gay friends to chill with and settle me after coming out

I'll keep you guys posted! It will happen soon over the coming months I'm sure

God I'm nervous even thinking about it! How could I approach the subject with family and friends sensititively?!?! Anyone got any ideas? I need to start thinking about this...I'm going to feel so guilty for lying to my friends but I guess they should understand and I don't think they will shun me...I'm more worried about family though...

Should I built up more of a gay network/support before I come out?!?! Hmmm....I don't know


GayLadForLife

No comments:

Post a Comment